Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken


We eat a lot of chicken in my family (or as my son calls it: "bock bock") so I am always on the lookout for a new way to dress up an old standby. I found this recipe about a year ago on allrecipes and just love it. It's simple, yet you get a lot of bang for your buck, which is probably why it became so popular on a food chat board I frequent. I made this chicken a few days ago to use in quesadillas and it was great; it really spiced them up nicely.

I actually make up the spice mixture ahead of time and store it in a little snack baggie so when it's time to make it, I am ready to go.

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken

Spice Mix
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. dried parsley

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (if the halves are too thick I just butterfly them again to cut down on cooking time)

2 T butter
1 T olive oil
2 tsp. garlic powder
3 T lime juice

1. In a small bowl mix together the 'spice mix' spices. Sprinkle generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of garlic powder and lime juice. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I really need to try this one!

BTW, this is "MrsA" from the Nest. You posted that no one reads your blog but when I opened it I realized that I actually already had it book marked! Your cake also looks wonderful btw!